Cedars-Sinai, the largest nonprofit academic medical center in the western United States, is known internationally for providing the highest-quality, most-advanced patient care. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients.
Cedars-Sinai is a leader in the clinical care and research of heart disease, cancer and brain disorders, among other areas. Pioneering research achievements include using cardiac stem cells to repair damaged hearts, developing minimally invasive surgical techniques and discovering new types of drugs to target cancer more precisely.
Techstars Healthcare Accelerator, in partnership with Cedars-Sinai, is a collaboration to help today’s technology innovators turn their ideas into breakthroughs that can improve the lives of patients around the world.
About the Program
Companies selected for Techstars Healthcare Accelerator, in partnership with Cedars-Sinai, will have access to the world’s leading physicians and researchers to help advance technology that empowers the patient or healthcare professional to better track, manage, and improve health and healthcare delivery.
- An investment of up to $120,000.
- Access to Cedars-Sinai’s clinical expertise and information infrastructure including hardware, software and digital health technical resources.
- Mentorship from Cedars-Sinai physicians, researchers, healthcare professionals and executives.
- Access to Techstars’ network of over 7,000 successful entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, and corporate partners.
- Demo Day, where each company will have the opportunity to pitch their company to healthcare leaders, investors, press, and other community members.
- Dedicated Techstars Healthcare Accelerator, in partnership with Cedars-Sinai,space located adjacent to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Access to over 400 perks valued at over $1million. These perks come from Techstars sponsors, mentor companies, Techstars companies, and others across the Techstars network.
March 28, 2016Program Begins
June 23, 2016Demo Day